Thursday, July 05, 2007

Volunteer group #1

This week I'm working with a group of 5 people from a church in Virginia. We have also had Carolina, a daughter of a lady who works in the mission office coming with us, and Frank the van driver has been a big help as well. Tuesday we prayerwalked and invited for Wednesday, then we had a Bible study at night.

Wednesday we worked with kids in Los Olivos then showed a movie that night. And today we were in Canto Grande working with kids (they said we ended up with 140...I'd say 100?), then had a Bible study tonight. Tuesday night after we ate dinner, a man trying to sell a baby goat came and just put it in my arms. Was a little surprising, but soooo cute. Although I know he was trying to sell it to someone to raise and eat.

Today in Canto Grande, the volunteers told the story of "Noah and the Ark". Of course you stress in this story that Noah was a good man, etc and for that God spared his life. After the story, Gloria was reviewing and asked the kids, "Who was Noah?" and a kid said "He was a drunk!" I'd say he kinda missed the point, but then come to find out, he thought we were talking about his neighbor named Noah who is always drunk. Kids are so funny!

Here are some pictures from Wednesday and Thursday, and I'll probably add a couple after tomorrow because we're going to a different place!


LOS OLIVOS




















CANTO GRANDE
(first two pictures are from the church "Antioch", the next three are from "Jerusalem")

3 comments:

marissa said...

the pics make me more excited about the trip. :) praying for you as you've been busy with the group & doing lots of planning.

Melissa & James said...

Yeah for Volunteer Groups--I bet you're having lots of fun translating for everyone. Love the pictures--I miss you all!

Mary Anna said...

It's kinda cool! I recognize all those places! :)

haha, enjoyed the Noah story!