When Amy and I went to Los Olivos Wednesday, we started Galatians 1 with Diana, a 21 year old who lives at the house where we have our Bible study on Sundays. Amy gave Diana some background information on Paul- how he used to be called Saul and persecuted Christians. This was all new to Diana. She has been a Christian for a while but has not been discipled. It works out great between Amy and me b/c Amy likes teaching youth and women, and I like teaching kids. But we both like what we get to do Wednesday afternoons!
Last Wednesday Amy, Diana, 3 of Diana's cousins, and I went to a court to play basketball. We had one little boy join us. This past Wednesday the court was being used so we had to go to another one. This turned out to be a blessing. There were a lot of boys playing, but they came over to us when we got there. They all wanted to play basketball! So we got to play with them and invite them all to come on Sundays. Then, a group of women who had been watching asked if we wanted to play volleyball. So they got a net, poles, and a ball and we stayed a while longer...and got to invite another group of people to come on Sundays! They asked if we would be coming back, and we said we'll come every Wednesday.
On a different note...I had an interesting combi ride today. (I'm dog/house sitting for the Shearers again, so I'm back to transportation by combis). First, a man INSIDE the combi spit. The sound and thought of it was pretty disgusting. Next, a man getting in the combi hit his head harder than I've seen anyone hit their head on a vehicle. And finally, a couple got in a huge argument with the driver and the guy who opens the door and takes money. They went on and on (yelling) because the couple wanted to pay 1 sol 20, but the workers were telling them it cost 1 sol 50 to go where they wanted to go. This is a difference of about 10 cents in American money. So after several minutes of arguing the couple had to get off. It was a little tense in that crowded thing.
Friday, August 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh how I love combis....if I had been there with you I don't think we would've been able to keep a straight face that whole ride....but then again...when can we ever keep a straight face when we're together? :)
yes...we are leaving on Monday..but I didn't realize that we were b/c the dates kept flipflopping..you know how that goes!...haha
I'm going to miss talking to you too :(
Playing basketball sounds like a good outlet for you as well as for the people you get to invite...it sounds like a win/win to me!!
The combi ride certainly sounds interesting...perhaps they are just trying to entertain you ;) lol. 10 cent battle, huh?!
God has really opened up some great opportunities for you and amy! i guess i won't experience the combis when i'm there will i?
Sounds like Marissa is hoping to experience combis! Hopefully, I'll be walking somewhere that day! Just kidding - I guess I want the "whole" experience. Maybe I'll even play basketball..that always brings a laugh from kids (especially my own). Can you picture it?
It's amazing how God presents ministry opportunities for you. He does for all of us if we have our eyes open.
Still praying...all the time...
Love ya,
Mom
That's so great that it worked out for you and Amy. Basketball is a great way to connect with kids! Keep up the great work that I know you are doing! Love you!
Post a Comment