Friday, September 01, 2006

Pictures


1) Trying to get a couple of kids I had never seen before to play basketball with us. 2) When we started playing basketball the other day, more and more moto taxis showed up at the court with soccer players...we got kicked off the court. 3) Below are a few of the Wednesday basketball kids that I love! 4) And last...any Peruvian here in Lima who sees me with Reina asks why she doesn't have clothes. She must be cold, it's winter! So when we went to Chosica, Reina stayed a few days with a Peruvian so she had to wear clothes (but only for that one weekend!) She wasn't a big fan.






4 comments:

marissa said...

look at you playing b-ball, i bet you're getting good now that you're refreshing those skills. and reina looks pretty in red.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures. LOL! The one with Reina makes me laugh. My dogs never liked it when we'd put clothes on them. Gretel would always somehow chew her sweaters off. Did I tell you she died?! :( Yeah, she had cancer in her mouth. It was pitiful.

And yes, I don't mind you putting a link to my xanga.

Anonymous said...

Mel,

Yeah, Reina is as cute as Tia! =) I'm sure she's just as sweet, too! Tia was saving all her old hand-me-downs for Reina but it looks like Reina is a larger size now. Tia weighs 4.4 lbs now. After being on this medication, she may need Reina's hand-me-downs. They said she might be hungrier and gain weight.

God is using you in such mighty ways with the kids. I know He will forever change their lives and give them the only real hope.
It's an awesome thought that you'll see them in heaven someday. Also, I'm praying for adult leaders to be discipled for Los Olivos.

Love,
Mom

Lacey said...

Sorry I've been MIA.

Love the pics. The kids look like they are lots of fun! :) Is it really cold there?

Glad you are seeing the Lord work in their lives!!

Reina is really, really cute in that sweater...but I don't think I would want to wear a sweater if I was a pup.