


The first two pictures are from school today. Wednesday the 5th and 6th graders had individual presentations to promote something they were going to sell. Today they sold their products. Most of the kids sold food, but one kid sold homemade glue. No one was buying his glue, so I think all 6 of us teachers might have bought all of his glue! The first picture is of Angie, Karina, and Ronald.
The second is Julio selling his homemade chocolate. Julio is a great kid, and Amy and I are praying that we get to see him get saved before we leave Los Olivos! His mom (who is notyet a Christian) has been telling us that he is reading his Bible at home and told her all the Bible stories from Vacation Bible School.
The third picture is of Vacation Bible School today. Thank you all for your prayers!!! It was a great turnout. We weren't sure what to expect since the kids are in school right now. Each day we had 25-35 kids, but today we had 58. Moms even stayed, and the first day while we did the crafts with the kids, Pastor Jose talked with all of the mothers. 4 prayed to receive Christ as their Savior!! We didn't even expect any parents to stay, much less to be getting saved. It was a blessing, and we have made a lot of contacts and have found people who want to have Bible studies.
Amy and I are definitely tired after a lot of long days and no days off for a while. If you talked to Amy today, I know she would not hesitate to tell you about my sleeping on busses incidents. She's been reinacting it to everyone, and I'm never going to live this down! Put me in any vehicle and I'll fall asleep, but in a bus there's nowhere to lean your head...especially if you're not meaning to go to sleep every time you're on a bus! Good thing she's there to tell me when to get off.
6 comments:
Its so cool to see God revealing who He is, and seeing people respond to His revelation! Im glad vbs went well, and to know that ya'll didnt have any plans for the adults, but God did. There is no greater joy on this huge ball than to be in the middle of where God is working. I will pray that God continues to convict the church about discipling the adults who have given their hearts to Jesus. I hope you have a great week. -Jonathan
that's exciting to hear about how well vbs went! hahaha you really do sleep every time you get in a vehicle. i need to tell amy to take a pic of you trying to sleep in a bus next time!
Yeah, I'm praising the Lord, too! I know He will continue to bless this endeavor for longer than we'll know and that kids will continue to be saved. I'm praying for the adults to be discipled and grow, so when you and Amy leave that area, there will be others ready to step up to the job God has. We live in a world desperate for Christ...why don't we look for those opportunities to share Him everyday...wherever we are! I'm amazed at how quickly you are seeing the harvest...praise God! Thank you for being obedient to Him.
Love you very much,
Mom
Praise the Lord for answered prayers! :)
Hope God gives you the most restful sleep you have ever had in your life!! (and that you wake up every morning refreshed and ready to go!!)
I've been going through old pics of all of us (for CKU) and I really miss you!! We have some really wonderful memories together, don't we?! Can't wait till all five of us are back together again!!
Love,
~Lace
P.S. I second Riss' request for sleeping bus pictures per Amy! :)
ok, i'm proving you wrong. :)
That's awesome, Mel! I'm so proud of you and all that you are doing. And yes, bring on the pictures! :)
Post a Comment