



Oswaldo Navarro Llerena
November 08, 1981- November 12, 2006
Oswaldo spent his last day here with us at the zoo, then at a concert last night. Oswaldo was always smiling, always laughing, and anytime there was music (which is often in lima- whether you're in a store, outside, on the bus, or in church), always dancing. The pictures are from the zoo yesterday. He called me last night at 10:15 to make sure we made it home safely and to talk a little bit. He told me to pray that his friends wouldn't show up at his house because he was so tired and just wanted to sleep. He wasn't done talking after the pay phone ran out two times and said he would finish telling me "tomorrow at church". Guess I'll never know. He was shot not too long afterward and was in a coma until he passed away this afternoon. It doesn't seem real. I'm gonna miss that kid.
He had a good testimony while he was here, and as much as I don't understand it all, I know that God could have prevented this if He had wanted to. Praise Him in the good times and the bad. Pray that we will get to see his family come to know Christ though this.
8 comments:
Wow. That is hard to believe.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and with his family. I know that God will use this to His glory...we just have to be patient to see His plan.
You can find comfort in the fact that you will see Oswaldo in heaven one day. I bet he is dancing with Jesus right now...
Love you, Mel!!
mel, i just want you to know that i've constantly been praying for you & his family. i'm ready to see how God is going to work in their lives. and since he was always dancing to music, i have to agree with lace, he's probably dancing with Jesus.
i can't wait to be there with you in just a few days! love you
Melanie,
I attend Sunday School with Anna and Mel Kempfer. They passed along your prayer request. I am terribly sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, but incredibly jealous that he is now standing before the Throne of our Father! He was obviously a man after the heart of God, and it will be my privilege to meet him in Heaven!
Blessings,
Dian Rosier
Baytown, TX
Melanie,
I attend Sunday School with Anna and Mel Kempfer. They passed along your prayer request. I am terribly sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, but incredibly jealous that he is now standing before the Throne of our Father! He was obviously a man after the heart of God, and it will be my privilege to meet him in Heaven!
Blessings,
Dian Rosier
Baytown, TX
Praying for you and for Oswaldo's family.
Mel; my prayers are with you and the family of Oswaldo. We don't know why God works as He does, but me do know that it all works for the good to those who love Him. May God use this to bring Oswaldo's family to Him. I know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of you parents and sister. God bless and keep you! Betty
I think I would have liked Oswaldo. He sounds like he was a lot of fun! :)
We prayed for you and Oswaldo's family last night at CBS. God will work through all of this! You can count on that! I love you, Mel Cow!!! :)
Mel....I am in Bermudez...my email would not let me email you back...but I just want to hug you...I cried when I read all your emails....I am so shocked. I am praying for you and I love you so much. I am so glad your family is there with you right now...I just wish I could be too. We will talk when I get back to a computer that does not have a Spanish keyboard...lol
Aumo
Post a Comment