The days have been filled with going to Los Olivos 5 days a week, preparing for classes, studying spanish/english with a peruvian twice a week, etc. My 1 day off each week is usually filled with running errands, cleaning, and getting caught up in my seminary class. The fun for my day off this week was a trip to the embassy. I searched my entire house many times and never found my passport, so I finally took care of it yesterday. It was definitely an interesting day. I started it off by looking at my Lima map to find out where it was. I was brave and took 2 combis down there instead of the easy way out- get a taxi and tell him the address. (Amy and I are getting pretty good at public transportation!)
As I was walking into the embassy I felt SO small! I waited my turn just to be told that my pictures actually were not the right size. (I specifically told that lady what size i needed and what it was for!) They told me to go ahead and pay then I would have to leave and come back with the pictures. I went to the line to pay and the guy in front of me turned to me and opened with "I'm a war veteran....what about you?" My mind raced with thoughts of "how do I respond to that?!" when out of my mouth came, "I'm...not a war veteran." He told me all the places he has gotten shot, broken his hip and whatever else. (The conversation did not really get any more normal). I was glad when it was over with, but then they told me I have to return in a couple of weeks to pick up my passport. At least the next time I'll know what I'm doing.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sounds like the embajada made for a fun day! It's situations like that, that make me feel like Job and just want to ask God why did that happen? i mean God had a reason for it. It's just kinda wierd. It was awesome hearing about the lady becoming a follower of Jesus yesterday! It's so cool to see God working through you in Peru! im praying for you. -Jonathan
haha that is a really random way to start a conversation! that's great to hear about the lady & to see what God is doing there.
oh i was thinking about your email instead of your blog when i mentioned the lady - i guess cause of jonathan's comment. anyway, that would've been blog worthy info!
We are glad to hear that you've about got it all taken care of. We've been having our fun here with the Peruvian Embassy in Costa Rica. They have had our visas ready since May (without our knowledge), and so we were told by the Peru IMB office to just go get them whenever we wanted (before Nov. 15th.). We went and they said they didn't have them. Long story short, after about two weeks of bugging the Peru Embassy every day, we finally have our visas for Peru. One step closer to getting there! : )
I agree with Riss on the blogworthiness of it! Praise the Lord!!
Sounds like an interesting conversation. I guess I could start beginning conversations by saying "I'm not a war veteran...how about you?" Very strange.
I agree with Riss on the blogworthiness of it! Praise the Lord!!
Sounds like an interesting conversation. I guess you could start beginning conversations by saying "I'm not a war veteran...how about you?" Very strange.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELANIE! Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you. Have a great night!
Post a Comment