One year ago today Dondean (my grandma) died. She was in good condition, but I guess a brain aneurysm can claim anyone. Although it was a shock, it was amazing to me that it happened just a few days before I left the States for 2 years, and just 2 days after I got home from training. The weird thing is that I haven’t seen her in the same amount of time that I haven’t seen anyone else, besides my parents and sister who came to visit in November. That’s going to make it really weird when I get back home. A lot of times I want to call her, and I make it as far as picking up the phone before realizing that I can’t.
On the 15th I will have been in Peru for a year. As fast as the past 14 months of my term have gone, I know these last 10 will fly by. In some ways that makes me really sad and I know it will be really hard to leave Peru. In other ways the time couldn’t go fast enough. As much as I love Peru, there are some things I am just ready to put behind me. Still, I'm content to be here right now.
I almost got hit by a bike today- I mean it was really close and he was going really fast. And last night I almost got thrown up on while riding the bus. I thank the Lord for the "almosts", although watching the kid next to me throw up all over the place and not bother getting off the bus is pretty gross.
Other news for the month: Reina Valera (my dog) turns 1 on the 20th. She hasn't calmed down any this year--an empty shampoo bottle has been just as fun the past few days as shoes were in the first few months. She's ca-razy.
I haven't used my cell phone in a long time, and I gave someone the number to call, and now it calls a Peruvian guy. Could my number have been given to someone else?! I'm confused and I have no idea what my own cell phone number is.
4 comments:
It is hard to believe it has almost been one year since you got to Peru!! (Although it seems like I haven't seen you in forever so I guess I really do believe it!)
Yay for Reina's one year birthday! :) Glad she keeps you entertained! And I am also glad you didn't get thrown up on!
Hope you can figure out this cell phone business. I would love to talk to you again!
It is hard to believe that you have been in Peru almost a year, but at the same time it does feel like a year because I have missed you. I sure hope the last 10 months will fly by, b/c I can't wait to see you again!
I'm thankful for the "almosts" too. That would be no bueno if it actually happened.
Sounds like Reina is a ball of energy! I'm glad you have her to keep you company. She sounds like a lot of fun.
I hope your cell phone problem gets fixed soon.
I can't believe that we've been employees for over a year and that you only have 10 months left in your term. I'm extending another year, so I have longer (that means you and Autumn can come visit me on your way home!).
The cell phone thing: sometimes here, if you don't use a cell phone for a long time (especially if it's pre-paid with phone cards), your number drops off and goes back into the pot of numbers to choose from. Hope you get it figured out!
to me it seems like you've been gone longer than a year, & i even got to see you! =( i'm so ready for you to get back! can i tell my sister that i'm proud of her or is that a parent thing to do? hehe
Post a Comment