This past week Amy was on a trip so I had to go to Los Olivos by myself. The hardest part was having 5 classes a day two days of the week, but not having anyone to split the teaching with. And of course not having help disciplining while teaching. I love the kids, but these kids take a lot of patience! Yesterday I taught religion classes, and in one class I was teaching about being afraid. I told the story of Jesus calming the storm when He was in the boat with the disciples. When the disciples are scared, they call out to Jesus to help them. To review the story at the end I asked, "What did the disciples do when they were scared?" No one was saying anything so I said, "They called...." and a 6 year old girl yelled out "THE POLICE!!" My story telling was a failure! But it was good that she answered that way because I was able to explain it all better.
After that, third grade had a test. One question came from the story of the Good Samaritan and asked "What did the Good Samaritan do to help the man who was wounded?" One girl wrote down "He took him to the hospital." Well at least she didn't leave it blank.
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
haha that's so funny! but you left out the one about the airplane!
SO FUNNY! Thanks for sharing! Will be praying for you for extra patience and help with the discipline...
HI MELANIE... ES BUENO LO QUE HACES PARA DIOS... TE INSTO QUE SIGAS ADELANTE POR LO CUAL FUISTES LLAMADA CON LLAMAMIENTO SANTO.2 Timoteo 1:9
, Romanos 11:29, Filipenses 3:14 =) Recuerda...!!
ha ha cute! You're doing a great job, Mel! I'm praying for you! Love you! XOXO
Post a Comment