



Last Monday Amy and I had the El Agustino people over. There were 16 of us crammed into my apartment, but it was a lot of fun. Two guys came over and started cooking at 4...the food was ready a little after 9! When they were cooking I asked if there was anything I could do to help, and one guy said, "...musica?" In other words I needed to get out of the kitchen and out of their way!
Once they started to arrive, they didn't waste any time making themselves comfortable. Several went straight into my room and started using the computer. They also got a hold of my camera and I had tons of individual portraits of two different girls.
Peruvians love to play games and have the losers get "punished". So we played several games, and they got a little wild. A guy fell over onto a glass end table and the lamp flew off (don't worry, someone caught it and we decided to play a different game). The pastor and his wife were even there playing all the games with us! =) Sure I miss my family and having friends who speak English, but I'm loving these people!
4 comments:
Glad you and your guests had such a wonderful time...it feels good to laugh.
Never thought you would be having wild parties at your place with people knocking over lamps lol :)
yeah, i can't believe it's less than a month now! haha you'd better settle down with those wild parties.
9:00?! Wow! Ha ha! It sounds like yall had a lot of fun! :)
I enjoyed the pictures a lot! This was great getting to see your church family. Can't believe we'll be meeting them in less than two weeks!
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment