Friday, May 11, 2007

Que en Paz Descanse

Tomorrow is 6 months since Oswaldo died, but Amy and I have to work so we went to the cemetery today. This place is so amazing to me. There are towers and towers and towers of tombs. It's all above ground and just huge. They have all these slots and pretty much just put in the next person who dies in the next slot. So people are not with their families like they are in the States. There were a ton of people there today, Amy and I figured everyone was coming to visit their mothers' tombs since it's mothers' day weekend? I dunno, Amy and I are always trying to figure people out. We've made up sssoo many stories!

Here are a couple of pictures of Oswaldo's. It looks like he died December 11, but really it's November 12. They switch the day and month when writing the date here. We took a picture of it with all the flowers he has on the tomb, but couldn't see the writing, so then we took all the flowers off. We're thankful that he's just on the second row where we can see it. Another lady had to get a cemetery worker with a tall ladder to come put her flowers on. Almost all of the tombs look the same. The person's name is written on the top, there's a cross in the middle, and the letters Q.E. on the left side of the cross and P.D. on the right side of the cross. Then the date of birth and death. The Q.E.P.D. stands for "Que en Paz Descanse". Or, known to you all as Rest in Peace.
















Yesterday Amy and I were in our newer area of work, and before the Bible study I was telling the women that a group from my home church will be coming in July to work. I also told them that my family will come, so they'll get to meet my twin sister. After the Bible study, a 7 year old girl came up to me and asked, "When is the other Barbie coming?" heheh

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I cannot believe it has already been 6 months. I'm sure it was hard to visit - hang in there. Know we all love you and are praying for you.

P.S. I LOVE the Barbie comment! ;)

marissa said...

wow, it really doesn't seem like it's been that long. that also means it's been about 6 months since i've seen you.

Mary Anna said...

I'm sure that wasn't easy for you to relive what all happened six months ago, but it was nice of you to honor him in that way. We love you and we're praying for you.

lol! Oh my gosh, that's so funny that that lil girl referred to you and Riss as Barbies! :)