So for the people who read my newsletter, you know I was having some health concerns that caused me to keep going back to the doctor to get them figured out. Monday, my fifth trip to see the doctor, I knew he was going to be able to prescribe me some medicine this time. Well, I also had a very painful cyst, and after looking at it the doctor said it was going to be too painful for me to travel with it. So he called in the surgeon and got me in right away. The surgeon speaks english, but he gave me a shot at the beginning, and I asked "Is that to deaden it?" I had to ask 5 times and he never understood what "deaden" means so in the end I said "nevermind". I knew it was, I was just trying to talk in order to keep my mind off the pain. He also kept me waiting for a little bit of the surgery because he took the call from his brother, and he had to give me two more shots of anaesthesia. I have to get this repacked every day until it closes up (2-3 weeks) :-(
I finally got home around 3:30 and left at 9 to go to the airport. I was on my way to my gate and realized that I had to pay a tax of $30 (in cash) before I could go. Well, all I had with me was $10, 30 soles (about another $10), and my credit card. The card I use to get money out didn't have any money left on it because I used it all at the doctor that morning, and the card I had with me I never use because it charges $10 when you get money out internationally. So I didn't know the PIN. It was 11pm and I knew I didn't want to ride home with a random taxi driver, and I was really sad but called someone to come pick me up b/c I didn't know what else to do. While I was waiting for my ride I decided to just try my card. It wouldn't even go in the first machine. I went to another one, I do believe God put 4 numbers in my head, I typed them in, and out came my money! I couldn't believe it! I felt horrible calling the person back and saying "Nevermind you don't have to come!" but I was relieved. By then I had to rush, but I made it on the plane! ;-) It was a very painful 2 flights...my peruvian doctors didn't prescribe me any pain medicine and Ibufrofen just didn't do it. I went to a doctor this morning and she prescribed me something, and I'm feeling pretty good right now! (although it caused me to take a recod long nap!)
It's strange, but great to be home for a little bit. My family is doing a good job of helping me enjoy the things I've missed. After the flight I was treated to some Mexican food, last night Riss had a party for me with our friends who are in the Dallas area and we had Chex mix, and today I had chik-fil-a for lunch and Lucky Charms for dinner! ha
Well you all know that I'm on my way to recovery and happy to be here for a little bit!!! :-)
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad that you're home! Sorry to hear that you are in pain...that had to be a hard plane trip!! Can't wait to see you!!
Wow! Sounds like a real international experience. Have some Chick-Fil-A for me while you're home!
Yeah, Riss told me about your cyst and how it was gonna be hard to travel. You poor thing! I'm glad you got some pain meds!
And, I'm SOOOO HAPPY YOU ARE HOME! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!
And yay for Chick-fil-A! I've had it for four days straight this week! YUM! :)
Post a Comment