Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Time for a new cell phone

1st day back in Peru after my vacation, and I already got robbed :-/ It's not that the cell phone is that important, it's just a material thing. It's the idea of what people do that gets to me. Makes me feel violated. One thing I enjoyed about my vacation in the States was that I didn't get nervous or suspicious about every single man or teenage kid that walked near me or glanced at me like I do here. I guess there's a reason I feel that way here. I did enjoy my time in the States with family, friends, rain, and sun. It was a blessing to be able to go, and now I am ready to get back into my schedule here in Lima, even though that may mean robbers, a freezing apartment, and no sun for about 6 or 7 months :-)
A 23 year old we've been working with in Canto Grande just had her second baby and named her after Amy and me...well my first name didn't fit but my middle name made it in there. Amy Caroline (spelled Emy Karoline i think...for a little bit better Spanish pronunciation). heheh Hope the peruvians can say caroline!




5 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for a baby being named after you! I totally know how you feel being robbed. I thought maybe I'd make it through my time here without it, but sadly I did not.

marissa said...

aww i can't believe they got your phone out of your purse!! at least they didnt get money or anything else.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I'm glad it was the ugly, big phone. The boy that laughed at your phone and said "that phone is older than the Bible" would probably get a kick out of knowing it got stolen!
Hope it warms up above 36 degrees before we get there but if not we will be happy to get back to Texas! God is good!
Love Mom

Mary Anna said...

Awww, that's such a honor to have a baby named after you! That's just evidence that you are making an impact where you are! :)

So someone just stole your cell phone right of your purse? Goodness!

Lacey said...

Yeah! How many people can say a baby was named after them?! How awesome!!

lol what your mom said makes me think of what the AT&T people said when I brought my old phone into the store: "That's a little outdated, isn't it?!" lol!!

Hopefully nothing else gets stolen!!!