I don't want to post because I like looking at the picture of my puppy! =) Oh well....Tomorrow after church I am getting a taxi and going to Mercedes' house. She decided not to come to church this week, but since I can't see my mom on Mother's Day, she wants me to spend the afternoon with her family and she wants me to meet her mom. After I get to her house, we are going to her cousin's house. I might feel out of place- being the only one who's not in the family and who doesn't really speak spanish, but it should be good! Well, here are some pictures of downtown Lima that the Hughes took. I went with them and the Roberts a few days ago to see what it's like where the Roberts work. You definitely have to have a special call from God to do the work they do!

This is a place for poorer people to come get a cheap lunch. It costs 50 centimos which equals about 15 American cents and is still expensive for some of these people. They do like to get their pictures taken!

This is the Roberts' new building for their inner city ministry. Now when they come in contact with people on the street that they want to meet with again, they have a good meeting place.

This is at a park in downtown Lima. They were having a wedding, and since weddings can be expensive, the brides find out when a wedding is going to take place and many get married at the same time. Judy counted 17, but I think the line kept going past what we could see. Each one paid 100 soles (30something dollars)
2 comments:
I enjoyed seeing these pictures! I like the idea of a $30 wedding - just kidding! It's strange to think someone could get a meal for 15 cents and yet it costs over a dollar for you to mail a little letter. You didn't ruin Dad's bday or mother's day...I'm just so thankful we can talk, cry, praise, etc.! God is good and He loves you! So do we, Mom
That's cool that you had a place to go for Mother's Day...very nice of Mercedes to invite you. Enjoyed the pics. Love you!
Post a Comment