Saturday, April 28, 2007

Just Another Weekend in Peru

1) We are very used to seeing men pee anywhere and everywhere in public, but apparently it's ok to poop in public right beside a major avenue as well.

2) There's a man who lives in a car right by a busy road that our bus goes on. He's done a lot of work on it; it's really nicely decorated now. How is that allowed?? Can you really just pick a spot right on the highway, park your car, and live there?

3) Last night Amy and I were with one of the pastor's daughters going to El Agustino for the all night prayer vigil. We were waiting on a corner (Amy and I thought it was a pretty shady place anyway), and a man robbed all of our friend's stuff. I guess she wasn't holding her purse and briefcase very securely, and these guys who had been scoping us out took advantage of it. I realized what he was doing right before he got to Betsabe, but the words just didn't come out. I couldn't have done anything anyway. Amy and I feel a little bad, though, because if she hadn't been with two "rich" gringas in the first place, they probably wouldn't have even noticed her. When will the excitement ever end? :-)

4) The prayer vigil went well, but we're sooo tired! I appreciate everyone's prayers in the 24 hours prayer chain.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

That is rough!!! Can't wait to go to Peru, lol! ;)

How was the prayer vigil? Hope you can get caught up on sleep ASAP!

Praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

haha you have a very exciting life. that's pretty gross, i'm glad that is not a normal thing here. riss

Anonymous said...

oh & i'm very sorry for betsabe. =( but i'm glad that the prayer vigil went well.

Mary Anna said...

wow, that's too bad abour your friend, but I'm glad the prayer vigil went well.