I just got an email from Mercedes (one of my language teachers). She said she will no longer be teaching at Langrow because she doesn't have time. I have been so burdened for Mercedes and have really seen God working in her as she has been so open to listening to Terri and me talk to her about God's grace. I have been asking people to pray for her as soon as I met her. She has even invited me to go places with her and her friends so she can help me with the language a little extra outside of class. I know this is God because not many teachers would do that outside of the time they get paid. So when I got the email from her, I was very disappointed and confused. I was going to invite her to church as soon as I was done with my church-visiting schedule. We were going to have 3 more weeks in class to talk about Him and she was going to come to church with me. But here's the problem: those were my plans.
Right after I read the email from Mercedes I read an email my supervisor sent to the Lima missionaries. It had a devotional in it that says to be ready for sudden surprise visits from God. It says, "Readiness for God means that we are prepared to do the smallest thing or the largest thing—it makes no difference. It means we have no choice in what we want to do, but that whatever God’s plans may be, we are there and ready". I had it all wrong- I had it in my mind how I thought it would happen, but I am supposed to be ready for GOD'S plans. Just because it might be harder to get in touch with her doesn't mean it is a reason to give up on her. Maybe this is a way for God's power and glory to be displayed even more. And maybe whoever my new language teacher will be needs to hear about His grace too. I don't know, but "whatever God's plans may be", I just want to be there and ready.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sometimes it is so hard for us to comprehend what God has planned...and how He plans to use us. I am so glad that you have a positive attitude about this even though I know it is disappointing right now. No worries!! God will work!!! Look up! GOD IS SO IN CONTROL!! I love you! :)
good outlook
i hope that you'll still be able to hang out with her and that she can come to church. let us know how it goes once you get your new teacher.
Post a Comment