Saturday, April 22, 2006

Peruvian Zoo


Today Allison and I went to the zoo with Mercedes and her cousin. Yesterday I told a friend that I was going to go, and I said "I wonder what a Peruvian zoo is like?" He said "Probably has a lot of animals." I said "yeah, smart guy, but the same kind of animals as in the States?!". He said "You mean maybe they have dinosaurs?" So I was excited when the first thing I saw when I walked in was Barney. Yes, the Peruvian zoo does have a dinosaur (a creepy one actually).
Then we saw this llama thing (in the picture behind the fence). Allison was playing with it, but he got angry and started spitting at us! Later, Allison turned to Mercedes' cousin to tell him "El es feo" (that the animal we were looking at is ugly). Instead she said to him "Eres feo" (You are ugly). I think she was able to convince him of what she really meant to say. ;-)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they actually had Barney there! That's so funny!

Anonymous said...

I don't like Barney...he is scary!! Glad you had some fun at the zoo! :) P.S. Watch out for spitting llama-things!!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

haha that last animal is weird. but the llama thing is pretty cool - i didn't know llamas had such close relatives.

mel_peru said...

yeah, that last thing is a sea lion! but in the picture it looks like a monster

Anonymous said...

How fun! That looks exciting! And that last animal pick...is that a seal? It's kinda cute weird... Well, glad you're getting to have some fun!

Anonymous said...

LOL "Eres feo!" Oh the things we say!